CLARITY AND FOCUS FOR PATIENTS WITH SCHIZOPHRENIA
The first prescription digital therapeutic designed to treat schizophrenia
THRIVETM for Schizophrenia
Pear Therapeutics has developed THRIVETM, a prescription digital therapeutic to be used in conjunction with medication for treating schizophrenia
Medication Plus Patient-Facing Smartphone Application
Clinician-Facing Web Interface
What is ThriveTM?
- THRIVETM is a clinically validated prescription digital therapeutic applying evidence-based, multi-modal and reinforcement therapy. It is comprised of a patient-facing smartphone application and clinician-facing web interface.
- THRIVETM is a prescription digital therapeutic that provides 24/7, real-time patient monitoring and support.
- THRIVETM provides real-time interventions targeting positive symptoms of schizophrenia including hallucinations and delusions, and also provides support for schizophrenia-related mood disorders.
ThriveTM as A Prescription Digital Therapeutic for Treating Schizophrenia
THRIVETM enhances the efficacy of atypical anti-psychotics for schizophrenia
A 30-day trial of THRIVETM shows significant reduction in the following:
- 33 patients on anti-psychotic medications were given access to THRIVETM and their symptoms were evaluated for 30 days.
- After 30 days of therapy, patients showed an average 8% reduction in Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS).
- Patients were highly satisfied with THRIVETM, interacting with the application an average of 5.2 times per day. 63% of the use was initiated by patients.
Ben-Zeev et al. Schizophrenia Bull. 2014.
Pear's Academic Partners are Currently Conducting Additional Trials Examining Efficacy in Schizophrenia
- Currently concluding a 3-year multi-site/multi state study in which 400+ patients with schizophrenia will receive THRIVETM for 6 months of treatment post-discharge from an episode requiring hospitalization
- In 2016, Pear’s academic partners will conduct a randomized controlled trial (RCT, n=40 people with schizophrenia) of THRIVETM vs Treatment as Usual
- In 2016, Pear’s academic partners will start a 2.5 year RCT comparing THRIVETM to a clinic-based group intervention (n=160 people with severe mental illness)
For more information, please contact us
THRIVETM is not yet FDA-cleared or available in the United States