Pear is a place for pioneers: for those with a passion for investigating unchartered territories and boldly advancing medicine and patient treatments.
We are leading the development of a new segment in the healthcare industry, prescription digital therapeutics, or PDTs.
In September 2017, Pear became the first company to receive FDA authorization for a PDT, to treat disease with the market authorization of reSET® for the treatment of substance use disorder. Our second product, reSET-O®, for the treatment of opioid use disorder, was the first PDT to receive Breakthrough Designation by the FDA and was authorized in December 2018. Pear’s third product, Somryst®, for the treatment of chronic insomnia, was the first product submitted through the FDA’s traditional 510(k) pathway while simultaneously being reviewed through the FDA’s Software Precertification Pilot Program and was authorized in March 2020. Pear is 1 of 9 companies taking part in the FDA’s Digital Health Software Precertification Pilot Program. Other companies participating include Apple, Fitbit, Johnson & Johnson, and Roche.
Our team is a reflection of the novel nature of our work. Physicians, clinicians, and researchers work side-by-side with software engineers, product designers, and developers to create software as medicine. While our backgrounds may be diverse, we’re united by a mission to help patients and pioneer a new way of treating serious diseases.
DIVERSITY @ PEAR
Here at Pear, an important part of Standing Together is diversifying our talent and building inclusive teams so that we can foster a Pioneering Spirit that will Innovate for Patients in the best way possible. We are Never Satisfied and recognize that we need to continually evolve our perspectives. We are committed to the following:
- Reevaluating programs on a biannual basis to measure how our benefits, reward, and recognition programs continue to contribute to the well-being and equality of our employees
- Cultivating a strong sense of belonging through monthly diverse and inclusive social activities and discussions, training, and our established employee resource groups
- Encouraging employees to bring their whole selves to work and learn from one another about the various perspectives and backgrounds we bring to our work and interactions
- Highlighting employee diversity monthly through an open call to share or bring awareness to the various perspectives and backgrounds of our employees
- Setting inclusion goals by every department that helps shape and retain diverse teams and encourages continuous professional and personal growth every year for all employees
We are committed to creating a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion based on mutual respect and trust. We aspire to foster a community that Stands Together, respects each individual as their authentic self, seeks and values diverse perspectives, and supports each employee’s motivation and empowerment to contribute to Pear’s success.
53% identify as female
47% identify as male
2.3% are veterans
>1% are disabled
To explore open positions in Boston, Raleigh, San Francisco, and remote, please visit here.